Friday 30 November 2012

New Malifaux Project

Like most hobbyists I tend to get distracted by new shiny things before I've actually completed anything...this week is no different. Purely as a modelling project (I happen to be in the 'needs nerfing' camp) I'm going to create a crew for Hamelin the Plagued.

Continuing my general themes of using female models whenever possible I intended to utilise a Freebooter Miniatures model to 'count-as' Hamelin.

This one in fact...


By an amazing coincidence my girlfriend decided to buy me this model (and a few others) for my birthday which explains why Titan Games were unusually long in getting it to me as she had sidetracked my enquiry and bought it for me, lol.


Though the model is okay as it is I decided that I wanted her to have hair...unfortunately the use of 'Green Stuff' isn't high in my modelling skills but I decided to give it a go...



Okay...I cheated a little, lol.

Rounding off the base completely would have made it too small so instead I took off the corners and then rounded them off slightly and I used a 40K Chaos Space Marine top knot (I have loads because I always cut them off but like many OCD hobbyist am unable to throw any bits away in case they 'will come in useful later') to finish off the hairstyle. I was originally going to replace the boat hook with some kind of staff but I've decided it's nicely in theme as is and changing it would be change for changes sake ;-)

Also amongst my presents were this nurse model (also from Freebooter Miniatures) that I liked the look of.


Now I just need to decide if I'm going to use the official Wyrd models for the Rat-catchers and The Stolen or whether I'll use alternatives for those as well.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails