Wednesday 20 June 2012

6th Edition...

It's worse than I could have imagined...


The internet is full of confirmed rules changes complete with page pictures should you wish additional confirmation but it's not good news as far as any kind of balance goes. I've decided I'll let the hysteria blow over a little before I do any articles on the new rule-set as many of the people commenting at the moment are taking individual rules without taking into account how they'll interact with one another. Certain of the psychic powers do seem over-powered to an alarming degree but perhaps this is balanced in another way that I'm yet to notice...It does look like most of the Xenos races are being boned slightly as well...



I'm sure there will be a copy for download available for 'evaluation' sooner rather than later...though I'm in no way condoning piracy...sometimes it's best to 'try before you buy', lol.

5 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Waiting for a PDF; not going to spend $75 on this shit for a rulebook. Based on what I've read, probably going to be a casual player for this edition at best. What's the point? GW clearly doesn't care about its players.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also waiting for the PDF to get a few test games in, though I will also put on order a rulebook. That way, if I like what I see, I'll buy it. If not, I can always cancel my order :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will carry on playing 5th until VI has had a chance to settle in. The only rulebook I will get will be the mini-book with the starter set; I sure do not need another printing of 200 pages of background I will not read.

    I have ignored the rumours so far and will give it another week and see what actually turns up in the shops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright matey ...
    I feel Eldar (Craftworld that is) being screwed with the new psychic powers
    They are ALL psychic to some degree
    And yet only have access to TWO disiplines
    What the *#@# !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Side note ...
      I not liking the cover
      Looks more like a cover for a Dark Angels Codex
      Not a cover for the entire game

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails