Wednesday 1 August 2012

Updating Terminators

I have quite a few Terminators in various stages of painting or lack thereof and for the most part they're of the 'Chaos' variety...


Some time ago I converted several into Assault Terminators for a list I was using at the time. I (as anybody who knows me will not be surprised about) had decided on the list about a day before the tournament so they were a quick job though I was still reasonably happy with the result...


Of course they really need to be part of my 2nd Company so as not to create any (well not much anyway) confusion when I use allies. The pros and cons of the concept can be found here, where there are opinions for both sides of the debate, lol.

So they need updating, they need to fit the current army 'look' and they also need to tie in with the guy who'll be their commander whom can be found in this post if you wish a look.

Certain of the symbols are VERY chaosy and I'll need to remove some and...justify...some others. So I'm going to remove the eight pointed star from the shoulder pads that have them but (if it's possible) leave any skull bits on them, shoulder pads that basically are a skull will remain as is and I'm afraid any shoulder pads with giant Horusesque eyes on them will have to be stripped down completely. Any 'Eyes of Horus' that appear elsewhere I'm going to paint the eyeball part the same green as I use for the Night reapers eye lenses so they at least follow the armies theme and hopefully people will accept that ;-)

These are staying as they are.
I've kept the skull bits on these...the rest I've removed.
These were the aforementioned 'eyes' and had to go.
In order to make sure I liked the end result before painting fifteen of the fuckers I broke from my usual 'I'm sure it will all turn out fine' approach and made a test model...




...which I liked just fine ;-)

Also I'd like to thank those of you who answered my Facebook request about Combi-Plasmagun manufacture. I threw one together quickly as a 'prototype' and it looks okay...I'll take a bit more care with the next one now I know the concept works.



Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails