Saturday 22 September 2012

The Performing Belles...

As mentioned previously I'm planning on converting some of the none Resurrectionist female Malifaux models into forms that Seamus 'The Mad Hatter' and myself find more...interesting...Colette Du Bois and her 'Showgirls' were to be the first...victims...


To start I bought a pack of 'Rotten Belles' so I could use their umbrellas and fans to add to the Performers so they fitted the Belle theme better and hopefully I'd be able to do something with the left-over Rotten Belles so the models would still be usable as 4th, 5th and 6th Belles in my Seamus crew should it ever become necessary.

I came up with the following...

'Performing Belle' 1
The hand holding the fan looks a little large on the picture but I can soon cover that up with a sleeve or something. The performers hand was donated to one of the Belles and together with a hand from an old metal 40K/Warhammer Daemonette made the model usable and different enough from the original Belle to make them okay to use at the same time...

Come hither...
....I have something for you...
For the 2nd Performer I drilled a hole under the arm and made an umbrella handle...which looked rubbish...so my girlfriend messed around with it and made it look a bit better and then I added one of the Belles umbrella's to it...the resulting combination turned out rather pleasing...

'Performing Belle' 2
I turned the Belle's umbrella into a walking cane by the simple addition of a skull and it actually looks better on the model than I thought it would so it can stay, lol.

Rotten Belle Conversion 2
I then came up with somewhat of an issue with what to do with Cassandra. She needed to fit in with the umbrella and/or fan concept but also needed to keep her big-ass sword thing...This is what I came up with...

Kassandra 'The Belle'.



I turned what was left into a 3rd Belle using another Daemonette arm as the size matched. Unfortunately my spares stock consists mainly (well exclusively actually) of Games Workshop spares and the scale on those parts doesn't really work with Malifaux stuff which somewhat limits my conversion options.

Rotten Belle Conversion 3
With that lot done it just left Colette Du Bois...So it's time to Introduce...Madame Kolette...Apparently not all the Showgirls decided to join the new club.....

...and for my next trick...
So that's what I came up with...Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome...

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails