Saturday 18 September 2010

UKGT - List Option 1


So I'v narrowed my options down a little for the list I'll take to the UKGT but I thought I'd get some 2nd opinions first ;-)

1500 Pts - Space Marines Roster

HQ: Space Marine Librarian (1#, 140 pts)
1 Space Marine Librarian @ 140 pts (...in Terminator Armour; Null Zone; The Gate of Infinity)
1 ...in Terminator Armour (Storm Shield)

Elite: Terminator Assault Squad (10#, 400 pts)
9 Terminator Assault Squad @ 400 pts (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x9)
1 Sergeant (Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield x1)

Troops: Tactical Squad (6#, 165 pts)
4 Tactical Squad @ 165 pts (Razorback)
1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
1 Razorback (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (6#, 165 pts)
4 Tactical Squad @ 165 pts (Razorback)
1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
1 Razorback (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Troops: Tactical Squad (6#, 165 pts)
4 Tactical Squad @ 165 pts (Razorback)
1 Sergeant (Bolt Pistol; Bolter)
1 Razorback (Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Lascannon and TL Plasmagun)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 70 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 70 pts (Multi-Melta x1; Heavy Flamer x1)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 70 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 70 pts (Multi-Melta x1; Heavy Flamer x1)

Fast Attack: Land Speeder Squadron (1#, 70 pts)
1 Land Speeder Squadron @ 70 pts (Multi-Melta x1; Heavy Flamer x1)

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 85 pts)
1 Predator @ 85 pts (Heavy Bolter (each side))

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 85 pts)
1 Predator @ 85 pts (Heavy Bolter (each side))

Heavy Support: Predator (1#, 85 pts)
1 Predator @ 85 pts (Heavy Bolter (each side))

Total Roster Cost: 1500

A decent spread of anti-tank and anti-infantry with a bastard hard 'rock' unit that can teleport about if it feels like.

Thoughts?

6 comments:

  1. I played a similar list but with double Cyclone Terminators for extra shooting.

    How are you planning to use your Terminators as they seem reliant on Gate for mobility? They may have problems against other Psi Hood lists unless you are holding them as a defensive line?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Lyracian - Psychic hoods and similar generally have a range of 24". As gate also has a range of 24" I can easily gate from outside the psychic hoods area of effect.
    I've also walked them across the board and had them still arrive where I need them with enough manpower left to do the job. As they have no shooting I lose nothing by running them in the shooting phase which gives me extra movement distance.
    Plus they make excellent 'bubble wrap' against drop pod armies, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running and Shields give them better staying power than my Terminators.

    Unless you have the first turn I do not think it will be as easy as you think to stay 24.1" or more away from opposing hoods. There is also Runes of Warding and to a lesser extent Shadows...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Lyracian - It's only one of several lists I'm currently thinking about. At 1500 points there's always compromises to make which is why I dislike it as a points level so much.

    Shadow in the Warp is unlikely to ever be a problem and the chance of passing a psychic test against Runes of Warding is exactly 50% at leadership 10 which strangely enough gives me better odds of passing than vs. a psychic hood. I'd probably just take the chance anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer your Rifleman Dread list as this does not have enough mobility for me. It will be interesting to see how your play test games go.

    You are wrong on Hood vs Runes. You get past the Hood 58% of the time. Runes drop you to 50% and give you a 37.5% chance of perils.

    Shadows is only an issue if you have won one flank and need to rapid deploy to the other. I only mentioned it as it was another army with Psi defence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it. Since you're shooty anyway, the Termies can keep up and teleport as needed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails