Tuesday 29 March 2011

Long Fangs - That'll Do For Now.

So they now have squad markings, painted bases and have been tidied up slightly. All that remains is to highlight the robes on the Champion/Sergeants/'Split Fire' Guy's but that can wait for a bit. There good enough for the tabletop and that will do for now.....

Lots of Missile Launchers.


Squad 1.


Squad 2.


Squad 3.


I kept to my usual system of using Chaos runes as squad numbers but I've kept the overall look of the markings a bit more like the Traditional Marine ones.

I also tried the 'Grey Knights' with Chaos Backpacks to see how they looked on the unit. I'm not sure if I'm going to do a Grey Knights army at all any-time soon but there's nothing wrong with making the odd unit here and there just for the hell of it ;-)


With the Long Fangs 'done' I think I'll start on tidying up and reconfiguring some of my standard Tactical Squads so they match the overall 'look' of the new units.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

3 comments:

  1. oooo i like the bayonets!!

    long fangs looking good, the photos may not do them justice but the robes could maybe do with a watered down badab wash. the free hand is really good tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Citizenwilliams - If I could find enough of the Chaos Terminators Twin-Linked Bolters with the 'Power weapon' looking attachment I'd use them on all of the 'Grey Knights' and it should bypass any 'where are their swords' style arguments.

    As for the Long Fangs, the cloaks are the weak point at the moment but I've reached the point that I'm sick of looking at these 3 units and I need a change for a bit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @gmort - yeah i get that i'm doing my sang priests for a break :P white instead of black. :S

    i'll have a root through my chaos box for some of the bolters. will let you know

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails