Thursday 27 December 2012

Desperate Merceneries

As usual my girlfriend has been sneaking around behind my back with the staff at Titan Games covertly buying me presents.....

Though these models are actually designed for a game produced by Freebooter Miniatures they are similar enough in style and scale to have become my first choice when requiring proxies for Wyrd Miniatures/Malifaux models. I don't really like using duplicate models if I can avoid it so on occasions when I need a 4th of something that there is only three of I have to look around at other options.

In this case I required four Desperate Merceneries for a crew idea I've been toying with but unfortunately of the two produced by Wyrd I only really like the female one. These are my solutions to that issue,

Desperate Mercenary 1
This is a Freebooters Miniatures model called 'Spitfire'. The model itself comes holding a wooden stave and has a cutlass that is normally attached to the belt. With some minor conversion work I removed the stave from around the hand and after cutting the handle from the cutlass I carefully glued the two together and am quite happy with the result.

Desperate Mercenary 2
This model is called 'Dixie Dynamite'. All I changed was the position of the left hand as on the original model it's just sort of waving about like she's showing off her nails, lol. I just re-angled it so it was nearer the cocking mechanism of the gun.

Desperate Mercenary 3
This model is called 'Regicide'. All I changed was the position of the Flintlock Pistol (In the manufacturers picture the gun is across her front but I felt that obscured much of the model detail).

I'll undercoat these as soon as it stops raining, lol.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails