Sunday 28 April 2013

Crew a Week Challenge (Week 4) - Yan Lo - Completed

Apparently I work much better under pressure...as another successfully completed 'Crew a Week' challenge would seem to confirm...

Yan Lo and his Totem, Soul Porter.

 
Chiaki, the Niece.


Toshiro, the Daimyo and Ashigaru.



I'm not 100% sure what to do for next weeks challenge as I currently have 5 crews either still in boxes or at the under-coated stage.

Unless I spontaneously buy something this weekend it will be between the crews of Jakob Lynch, Kirai, Lucas McCabe, Mei Feng or Von Schill. I also have every model that doesn't come with Collodi but has the 'Doll' type as well as every model that's even vaguely useful with Kirai or associated with Jakob Lynch so I suppose they'd be projects 6, 7 and 8...though not necessarily in that order...there's also a Lazarus and a Rail Golem that require my attention at some point...looks like there's still some mileage in this feature, lol.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

7 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with them... I still have to pick up my Yin and Toshiro so I will get them painted when I do but I might have to take some inspiration.

    As for the next crew I'd suggest Kirai since you can use some of her models with Yan Lo as well even if he's a Ten Thunders model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments.

      I went with Von Schill in the end as it's a relatively simple paint scheme and I haven't got as much spare time to get stuff done this week due to work :-(

      I'll do Kirai next ;-)

      Delete
    2. I've been a bit slack with my painting at the moment since I have everything I want to play with painted and all I have to get to now is McCabe's crew but as I finished one of the Wastrels and the Traps already I have what I need to put in to my Ten Thunder crews...

      Maybe I need to get a Nico box for the Punk Zombies?

      It's not like I have about 60 models to paint atm!

      Delete
  2. Damn, GMort- that Chaiki model is amazing. I absolutely love what you did with the base.
    You have some serious painting skills, my friend. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting better at painting now I put in a bit more effort.

      The relatively small model count of a Malifaux crew makes it more worthwhile to put that effort in than when your painting thirty almost identical Space Marines, lol.

      Delete
  3. Lookin' good!
    So I'm thinking, is Yan Lo supposed to be based on Lo Pan from Big Trouble in Little China? It does seem like most masters are at least inspired by existing characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps. I'd never really thought about it before.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails