Tuesday 8 June 2010

Chaos Terminators.


So given my recent experiment in 'foot' Assault Terminators I thought I'd try out a few Terminator heavy lists in an effort to revitalise my 'hobby' interest.

Of course to do that will probably require a bit of converting so I thought I'd do a quick inventory of what I had to work with. Apparently my obsession with Terminators when Apocalypse was first released was a bit more severe than I remembered.

They're (for the most part) either poorly painted or poorly posed or both, lol.

As they're Chaos Terminators the standard wargear loadout is Twin-Linked Bolter + Power Weapon.

I have...

10x Standard Chaos Terminators
12x Combi-Plasma
3x Combi-Plasma + Power Fist
12x Combi-Melta
5x Combi-Melta + Chainfist
8x Chainfist
4x Power Fist
2x Heavy Flamer
4x Heavy Flamer + Chainfist
8x Reaper Autocannon
5x Thunderhammer + Storm Shield
1x Terminator Lord
1x Terminator Lord + Combi-Melta

That's not including my 'Counts As' Abaddon or my 10 already started Assault Terminators that I did a basic paint job on for the Tournament last Sunday.

86 in Total.

Plenty to work with so hopefully I can come up with a semi-competitive set of lists sometime soon or at least have somebody suggest some if anybody has any ideas.

4 comments:

  1. What about using the Chaos book including 2 Small chaos marine squads as objective monkys (possible plauge marines) the alternative is the Dark angles book or the space wolves codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 Chaos Terminators sounds scary until you really think about it and then the problems begin to dawn on you, lol.

    Dark Angels Deathwing doesn't work very well as Tom has found out on many occasions.
    Space Wolf Terminators means Wolf Guard which really means using Grimnar to make them scoring.
    I've been considering using Black Templars because they can take 2 Heavy Weapons in a 5 man squad and then just counting Reaper Autocannons as Assault Cannons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. could do them as templars as most of yours are shooting only downside is the scoring units then running at your opponet. which im sure you can solve with a razorback or 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the Templars I'm thinking of 4 units of Terminators (1 Command Squad + 3 Elites) with 2 Assault Cannons and a Chain Fist in each with the 'Tank Hunters' upgrade. Once you add the commander and the compulsory Emperors Champion that still leaves 500 points to spend on Troops at 1750.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails