Friday 23 July 2010

Tyranid Project - Interlude 4 - Charitable Contributions.

I happened to pop into my FLGS today and my friend and former staff member (he is now manager of a different GW shop) 'Tumnus' was sorting through various bits and pieces of his that were still knocking around the shop. We got chatting about current projects and I mentioned my Tyranids...

The phrase 'Would you like my old Battle for Macragge bitz as I'll never use them' entered the conversation. I gratefully excepted and was handed a GW bag of stuff. I promptly put it next to the bag of Tyranid spares that 'Hawkeye' had donated to me to sort out when I got home.

There was a lot more than I was expecting when I emptied it all onto my work tray...

Pile of awesome free stuff.

From 'Hawkeye'.

From 'Tumnus'.

After a bit of organisation...

53 Termagants,

14 Genestealers,

And more Spore Mines, Scything Talons and other stuff than I'm ever likely to use...

They say that 'Charity begins at home', in my case apparently 'Charity begins at your FLGS' ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Those spawning pool things will probably look more...."authentic"? than the rocks you have on your tervigon bases currently

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mike - I'll probably add a couple 'green stuffed' to blend into the rocks before I undercoat the Tervigons.

    At least I have enough Termagants now, though. It now makes a 3rd Tervigon in my 2000 point list a more cost effective option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chumbalaya - I'm quite generous with my spares as I think a free exchange of spare parts encourages conversions which is a part of the hobby I enjoy. I still find acts of generosity surprising when they're heading in my direction, though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any particular gubbins you find yourself short of let me know as i am not likely to dust off my nids any time soon and would rather donate than put in a box sumwer/ step on/ loose...

    So let me know :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails