Wednesday 11 May 2011

Dark Eldar - New Models including the Razorwing Jetfighter?

I'm not sure if 'new release' articles are of any interest to people as the information is usually readily available everywhere on the internet by the time I get around to posting anything about them but here it comes anyway ;-)

The Dark Eldar Cronos/Talos.


Despite having separate entries on the pre-order page these are apparently one kit.

The Cronos Parasite.




The Talos Pain Engine.



And for those of you (like me) who'll be buying one purely to use as a bitz resource here's some pictures of the sprues,




Expect to see a lot more of these bastards on the gaming tables now as they look fucking ace (in a hideous sort of way). In addition expect to see some of the spares from the sprue appearing on the models of every other evil race in the 40K universe as I for one would love to see a Chaos Dreadnought conversion using these bitz.....

Also, In addition we have the long anticipated Venom,






It has been noted in several places that this kit looks very close in style to the conversions people have been making anyway. I think this has a lot to do with the overall style of the Dark Eldar being very distinct. The good thing about the release of this model is that it opens up a lot of new builds for Dark Eldar players who didn't have the time or resources to make their own Venoms and have been using other units because of it.

and of course there's the eagerly awaited Scourges,





Again these are beautiful models though I was hoping the helmets would be a bit more avian than they actually are. Still, that's a relatively minor gripe. My Daemon Princesses of Slaanesh will most likely be getting a wing upgrade courtesy of this kits bat wings ;-)

I also got e-mailed this picture a few minutes ago,


Not sure where it originates from but it's allegedly a Razorwing?

Feel free to comment if you have some brilliant idea for using these kits that you'd like to share with the world*

*by which I mean the few hundred people in it who check my blog, lol.

5 comments:

  1. Scourges = Valkeria conversion, I've wanted to make one forever! now i just need a head...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... the new Talos is 100 times better than the old....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The razorwing pic came from the facebook page of one of the GW stores in Europe. I think it has since been taken down so I don't think they were supposed to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks consistent with the silhouetted artwork on the codex, i like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Citizen Williams - Now that would look cool.

    @ Enkiel - Agreed

    @ MM(ESNO) - I'm sure it's all over the internet by now, lol.

    @ Mike - When I'm a bit more financially viable I may do a small allied contingent of Dark Eldar for use in Apocalypse games just to use the stuff I like rather than build a full army.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails