Tuesday 31 August 2010

Imperial Guard Project - Part 3 - To Do List


This should have been Part 1 I suppose but I do things in the order that they occur to me not necessarily in the order that they should be done, lol.

So onto what I need,

76 Standard Guardsmen.
These guys are a mass production job and I fortunately already have 20 or so assembled. I'm not going to convert these at all. Their 'Renegade' Status will be indicated more by the nature of their squad markings than anything else. I'm undecided yet whether I'm going to remove all the Imperial Markings or simple paint over the top of them with something more 'Chaosy'*.

* If Chaosy isn't a word then it fucking well should be.

6 Meltagun Guardsmen.
Some of these guys will have to have 'Marine' Meltaguns as I don't have enough Guardsmen ones.

10 Sergeants.
The 'Blob' Squad Sergeants will need Power Weapons so they'll get the bionic arms if I can scrounge another couple or Marine ones if I can't (I want them to look the same). The other 4 will just get different heads.

16 Heavy Weapon Teams.
These are already built but need remodelling slightly as it was pointed out to me that all the 'spotters' were in pretty much the same 'pointing' pose. The bases also could do with some more coverage so I'll probably use some foliage as per Chaosgerbil's suggestion.

8 Platoon Command Squad.
They're basically just Guardsmen so will be done in the same mass production phase as the rest of the Guardsmen.

2 Platoon Commander.
The actual models are a bit dull but I don't really want them looking as good as the Company Command Squad so they'll get minimal alterations.

8 Company Command Squad.
As with the Platoon Command these guys are just Guardsmen and are made with the same models.

1 Company Commander.
He'll need a bit more attention. I'll probably still keep the model simple but give him a more scenic base.

Creed.
I really like this model 'as is' so I see no need to mess about with it. The renegade look will be achieved via paint-job and basing I think.

2 Priests.
I'm going to use Sisters Repentia for these as I have 3 of them still in a sprue and am unlikely to ever use them otherwise.

2 Commissars.
The models I have are armed with Bolt Pistols but don't obviously have a Power Weapon. I've plenty of swords of various descriptions amongst my bitz so that should be a relatively simple conversion job.

12 Psyker Battle Squad.
I've already done a prototype for these which can be found here.

2 Overseers.
Standard Guardsmen with something that could pass for a monitoring device. Most likely I'll keep it simple and use a Guardsmen holding a Marine Auspex.

Guardsmen Marbo.
After reading the GW book 'Nemesis' I've decided I want to make an Eversor Assassin. Luckily I've got a few Assassin models still in their sprues. I'll use an Eversor with an arm swap (or 2) and some extra equipment to represent Marbo. This is one of the models I'm most looking forward to doing.

So that's it then, just over 140 models to assemble before I can start play-testing.

I'd better get a move on then I suppose...

5 comments:

  1. Excellent! Look forward to seeing these guys develop!

    I've found the more noticeable eagles on things like lasguns are pretty easily scraped off, and most of the rest are pretty small and easy to ignore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "So that's it then, just over 140 models to assemble before I can start play-testing."



    Ive always wanted a guard army, I just dont know if i have the mental fortitude to get through such high model counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with assembling it all. I think I agree with Behemoth, I wold never get through assembling and painting all those before I could play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sonsoftaurus - I've decided to scrape the eagle of the lasguns and the chests of the guardsmen. It shouldn't take much extra work and it will make it easier to put my own Chaosy symbol in its place rather than over the top.

    @ Behemoth + Lyracian - The assembly won't be a problem as I quite enjoy that bit. It's the painting that's going to be a the real chore :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not mind assembly I just find it easier to paint half-assembled models and then stick the arms on. However I do not like to play with them unless they are fully assembled so I am always left with a quandary of what to do with new models...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails