Thursday 17 October 2013

Dreadball and the Dangers of Volunteering...

I was always told that you should never volunteer for anything. So when one of the managers at my FLGS asked if I wanted to join their Dreadball tournament campaign I said no for several reasons..

1) I had a 20 minute demo game three months ago and can barely remember the rules...
2) My 'Void Sirens' team isn't painted
3) I don't like entering anything competitive unless I have a chance of winning...

He then used a combination of guilt and relentless repeating of the same request over and over again till I caved in just to shut him up...

...well...after he resorted to bribery.....




I'm hoping he was actually given these by the guys from Mantic Games or they might not let us visit again, lol.

So Now I have to paint stuff, learn rules and become fucking awesome at Dreadball by the weekend...I hate peer pressure...

When last you all saw my Void Sirens they looked like this...


and now they look...exactly the bloody same...so I suppose I should get on with it...except...I'd quite like to convert them first...

I swear I'm my own worst enemy...excluding FLGS managers that is...

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I was wishing for this game, but now I'm doubt if I should buy it now or wait for kaosball next year.
    You have an amazing blog, great posts about malifaux unboxings and tutorials!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails