Monday 21 October 2013

Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection - Dark Legion

After a brief demo at Titan Games of Mutant Chronicles courtesy of two of the guys from Prodos Games I decided to jump straight in and get a 'Dark Legion' Starter Set...and a few other bits and pieces...okay...more than a few...


I'll do a proper review once I get the rulebook (November 3rd apparently) but for now here's a brief look at what you get in the starter set (The bag in the lower right hand corner of the above picture). These are basically the Kickstarter kits so I've no idea what the packaging looks like. I'm also waiting for the stat cards so you'll have to wait for a proper unboxing but here's a brief look at what I've got for now...

The detail on these is incredible and easily a match for Forge World kits...

Undead Legionnaires x10
They're all right at range but fall apart in combat. They have a nice healing mechanic but it's a low chance of success so you can't exactly rely on it.



Razide x1
Basically a giant walking gun platform...



Alakhai the Cunning x1
Never got to use this guy...he looks awesome so I'm hoping he is in game as well, lol.



You also get some dice and some cards but these are only a fraction of the 75* that I'm waiting for.

*That's 75 cards not 75 dice...


I'll do a decent review as soon as I have the rules and the rest of the cards but I must say that I'm really looking forward to having a proper game of this.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

7 comments:

  1. The models are alright, it's just a shame that we haven't seen the proper rulebook as the beta rules are just weak sauce.

    I hope they fix it as there are a bunch of issues with the game play and scaling at the moment.

    Most of what I'm hearing atm is people using the models for other systems, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll reserve judgement till I get the full rulebook. The issue with the beta rules is layout more than anything...

      There's enough people having starter sets to give us a good cross-section of views once we start playing proper games and as you mentioned the models will fit into a number of other game systems if there's issues so it's not really a waste should the worst occur.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to see how the figures look... I have more than I'd like to admit of the original Target Games figures so to see some differences (and 20 year old paint jobs) I could get some photos of those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the layout of the beta rules is a bit of mess, but overall they have some solid rules when you get into the faction break downs. I am really waiting to see how the custom commander rules turn out as i see that being a big draw to this system as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm waiting for my proper rulebook before I make any real judgements about gameplay. Apparently it's arriving on the 3rd of November or thereabouts.

      Delete
    2. No Worries just thought i would share my view so far. I am pretty excited to get my hands on the completed rulebook as well :)

      Delete
  4. The deck building "Fog of War" aspect is the thing I am most interested in.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails