Sunday 29 September 2013

Crew a Week Challenge - Tara's 'Herald of Obliteration'

This weeks crew is that of 'Nightmare' Tara.

I was at a loss as to colour scheme for the Nothing Beast and Void Wretches as the 'pastel' blue colour scheme appeared to be done quite a lot already. I therefore started with a darker blue (at my better half's suggestion) and worked from there...Looking at the pictures close-up I think I need another highlight on Tara and Karina but I'm fairly happy with how everything else turned out...

Tara.
She was a bit tricky to photograph due to the angle I attached the sword arm as the camera insisted on focusing on either her or her sword but steadfastly refused to take a picture of both...



Karina


Void Wretch 1



Void Wretch 2



Void Wretch 3



Nothing Beast
The Nothing Beast rather impolitely chose to take a form that failed to fit under my lamp...inconsiderate bastard (or perhaps bitch) that it is...





Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

6 comments:

  1. GMort... If I may derail you post a little...

    The light you have behind your miniatures. Is that an Ottlite? If so... How do you like it?

    I am in need a of a smaller portable light. Corded is my preference so one of the Ottlite models looks pretty good but I am unsure about the 'light' it produces itself.

    Thanks,

    CK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's actually a nail lamp belonging to my girlfriend that I use for most model photos (at least the ones not done with scenic backgrounds...those I use actual daylight for, lol). It's from 'The Daylight Company'.

      https://uk.daylightcompany.com/?gclid=CJvyw_3B8bkCFfMQtAoduh0AGQ

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the reply. You and SinSynn are really good about this sort of thing.

      CK

      Delete
    3. If people go through the effort of reading my random ramblings then the least I can do is answer their comments ;-)

      Delete
  2. I'm inspired by your rate of production... you're so damn fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually spend most of Sunday at my local hobby store so usually get the bulk of my 'crew a week' stuff done then. Due to my shift patterns at work it's difficult to get anything done during the week days unfortunately.

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails