Tuesday 23 June 2015

Hosting the Scourge - Starting Drop Zone Commander

Several of my friends and acquaintances have started playing Drop Zone Commander and I've decided to give it a go.
Some time ago one of those friends bought a second one of the two player starter sets as he wanted more of the UCM units so I bought the rest of the set off him giving me the rulebook, tokens and other bits and pieces. It then got left in the box as it wasn't enough for an actual army and I had about a million other projects on the go...so in the box it stayed...

My interest has however been recently reawakened as another friend has bought a second set as well and I'm going to have the Scourge from that one also. With the purchase of a command unit and a transport for it that should give me enough models for an adequate (if not necessarily optimised) army...

Here's the first half assembled ready for painting. I haven't decided on a colour scheme yet but it's unlikely that I'll go with the generic purple...


...and more likely that I'll go with something more blue in tone...


The above is how the units are divided up as per the starter set reference sheet. From left to right that's a Scourge Warrior Cabal, a Scourge Vanguard and a Scourge Invasion Host together with their transports.

Here are some close-ups of the individual models...


This isn't going to be one of those games that I get too heavily involved in. Effectively I'll just invest a little in order to make the starter sets usable and stick with that for the occasional game with friends.

After the second starter set my next purchases will probably be these...The Oppressor and The Harbinger...


...unless there's any Scourge players out there with a better idea for a command unit and transport to compliment the models in a pair of Scourge starter sets.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. It is a great game that I think you will enjoy. I have been getting into it recently and been having a blast. The oppressor and harvinger are a great addition to your force. The desolator,is also very good as it is a flyer and only dedicated AA units can take it out, it is also cheaper points wise than the oppressor with transport, so if you wanted to fit more units into your lists that would be the one to go for

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails