Sunday 29 June 2014

Crew a Week Project - Ramos's Reinforcements.

As I had a lot of these assembled due to using them in unboxing articles I thought that they'd make a good 'crew a week' challenge. Now I know that they're not strictly speaking a 'crew' in the 'Starter Box' sense but they certainly qualify in every other area, lol.

Here's Ramos's Reinforcements then...

Alternate Ramos.


For those of you interested in how he compares to the other versions here's a picture of all three in the same colour scheme. For me the alternate one is the best and the is one that I'll be using when I field the crew...not that there's anything wrong with the others...but we all have our favourites...


Joss.


For those of you interested in how he compares to the other version here's a comparison shot of my two painted in the same style...he seems to have hit the gym between editions a fair bit as well as needing a replacement limb...



Brass Arachnid, Electrical Creation, Mobile Toolkit.
The arms fell off the Mobile Toolkit so often that I just gave up on it so it got less work done on it than the others.


Alternate Steampunk Arachnids and Large Steampunk Arachnid.
Inevitably there are some spiders...





Union Miners, Willie the Demolitionist and Soulstone Miner.
Well, someone needs to do the actual work...










Metal Gamin.
Even the most self sufficient Arcanist sometimes needs a bodyguard...



I originally went with a pure metal look but even highlighted it lacked depth and appeared 'unfinished' so at my partners suggestion I added another highlight of brass and that seemed to do the trick...



Mechanical Rider.
This one started off all brass with a highlight and to be brutally honest looked terrible. My better half then confiscated it and added some more colour because I was "going to make a mess of it..." and in half an hour did a better job than I would have managed with a days work...



Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails