Monday 15 September 2014

Mantic Games - 'Hard Plastic' Zombies.


My Deadzone 'Wave 2' models arrived last week and though there were many nice things in there my primary interest was in the plague related goodies...we'll look at the Plague Enforcer and the Plague Striders at some point in the future but for now lets see how the 'Hard Plastic' zombies turned out...


Here's some sprue close-ups showing both sides...

Here are both sides of the legs of which you get five per sprue...

You also get five heads. two of them slot into helmets and three are as is.

You get seven different torsos...


There are two guns on the sprue but one of them slots into a particular torsos rear and the other is being used as a club...there will be more on some of the parts that work as sub assemblies in a moment...

 ...and one wielding a tool...

The legs have an indentation in them that the torsos fit into and the arms also have indentations in them that slot over domed torso sections. This gives a wide variety of pose options and a significant ability to mix and match parts...like so...


...though a few of the parts go together as small sub assemblies...these ones in fact...



Though I suppose you'd like to see some assembled ones....here's a couple of pictures of a group of five. One of the pictures includes the bits I had left over, lol.


Here's a selection of close-ups of completed models but there are many more combination possibilities...






I'm glad these kits are so flexible as I think I need about three units of thirty for my Plague Warpath army...

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

10 comments:

  1. I'm sure these will see service in many 40K armies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't find them on the website, I wonder when they will become available?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may have been spoiled by teh quality of GW & Wyrd's recent hard plastics as these frankly look a bit cack, the sculpting looks ok but the detail looks quite 'soft' and poorly defined, it looks like a lot of the detail will be lost when they are sprayed and painted up. I'll reserve full judgement until I see them in the flesh but I'm definitely not sold on these so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martin has some at Titan Games so you can have a look at them when you're there.

      Delete
  4. I can't wait to get these guys, interesting that they don't have the typical Mantic discs attached to their legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just turned the bases upside-down and glued them to the side without the indentation in it.

      Delete
  5. My second wave came with zombies but no bases. You got bases with your zombies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had those round bases with the inserts in that I used upside down. They were separate in the box...

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails