Tuesday 2 September 2014

Unboxing Malifaux - Desperate Mercenaries

The Mercenary life attracts all kinds of people...including many for which it wasn't exactly their first choice...

'Small Box' Cover.

The Desperate Mercenaries box contains enough parts for two miniatures...namely the Desperate Mercenaries . It also contains stat cards for them though there are no upgrade cards.

Desperate Mercenaries  - Sprues.


Desperate Mercenaries  - Stat Cards (M2E).
Due to copyright issues I've had to blur the text on these stat cards...sorry about that...

Here are the official assembly instructions should you have trouble locating them. The instructions somewhat confusingly give the Desperate Mercenaries the opposite numbers to the ones they have on the sprue. I'll be using their sprue designations...


Desperate Mercenaries.

Desperate Mercenary 1 - Assembled.
This is the easiest of the two to assemble and gave me no issues other than when I spilt super-glue all over it and my fingers..I only mention this because you might think that the textured bit on the rear of the coat is an issue with the model rather than an issue with my lack of coordination...



Desperate Mercenary 2 - Assembled.
This second Merc consists of the most parts and has a three part head (one part of which is a tiny pony tail). The usual advice about checking the alignment of parts before attaching applies here as the coats side pieces are also separate and the joins are very noticeable if you don't place them just right. I assembled the legs first, which I then attached to the body before then adding the extra coat pieces. Fortunately the gun arm covers some of this area if you happen to misalign that half slightly.



As I don't own the original metal Male Desperate Mercenary I'm afraid I can't provide any comparison pictures. Should that situation change then I'll insert them here...

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Soon as I catch up with Gen Con stuff, I will get back to assembling my 1.5 stuff and get you a comparison shot of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool models. I wonder if I could get away with using them as guild guard as the pose on that female guard is just......well, y'know horrible!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails