Saturday 27 September 2014

Painting Malifaux - An old Project Resurrected...

Some of you may remember my intention to do a Rasputina crew themed more towards the 'cannibal' part of the cults practices...and then after acquiring one of pretty much everything that I needed...I got distracted by something else...

I had various excuses prepared amongst which was "not sure how to do ice but keep the theme 'dark'..." which was working fine until my partner decided to create me one, lol. She's gone light on the blood with this one as I don't think the Golems actually eat their victims...

This is what she came up with using the M2E plastic Ice Golem as a 'proof of concept'. My only problem now is going to be to replicate it...I wonder if she'd be open to some commission work, lol.

Editors Note - I've had several enquiries about the paints used on this model so I've edited in a brief painting guide at the bottom...





As requested here's a very brief guide to the paints used...

First the model was under-coated with Chaos Black spray (Games Workshop) and then a lighter coat of Skull White spray (also Games Workshop) to give a head start to the highlighting process.

She then used German Grey (Vallejo) as a base colour, then a dry brush of Ash Grey (Army Painter), then a blue ink wash (Vallejo), highlight with the Ash Grey again then extreme highlight with white and finally she made a turquoise wash but only applied it to certain areas (you should be able to see where on the pictures).

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. The effect of this paintjob is wonderful. It gives a cool icy appearance, as if he's going to make ice cracking sounds just moving around.

    Using some gloss sealer (painted on) in certain sections might sell the effect even further. It is a lovely piece regardless!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails