Monday 23 December 2013

Plague for Warpath - Part 2

Part 1 can be found here though it's not essential, lol.

As the 'Plague' models I have are actually designed for Deadzone rather than Warpath there's a few issues with squad organisation and upgrades that have required a few 'work-arounds'...

This is what I have (less a few Gen 1's and 2's still in bits) assembled and under-coated with the few bits from the first batch with a layer of red wash on them...


...not exactly a lot of progress but the organisation part was fairly essential as I now have the additional concern of adding some form of squad markings to them. This is an issue as several of them have no clothing above the waist so I can't even paint the shirts different colours. I briefly thought of dividing them up in the school-yard sporting tradition of 'shirts and skins' but then abandoned the idea because a) it was stupid and b) there weren't actually enough models of each type to make it work..though it was mainly a)...

It's difficult to tell from the above picture which is which from a Warpath point of view so I've done this rough picture with the individual units 'boxed'...it's a bit rough and ready but hopefully you get the idea...


First the big stuff...

In bright red in the top corner I have two Gen 1's which are a 'Hero' option and next to them in orange is a Plague Teraton which in warpath terms is a 'Monster'. In yellow are a pair of swarms which is one short for the required unit however I have a sedition wars model that may do the job till I acquire a third one. In green are three Gen 2's which are a complete unit in themselves though it can be increased to a four or a five. I have enough gen 2's (together with the unassembled ones) to do three units of three or a four and a five.

And the rest...

In purple are three 'Heavy Weapon Units'. The basic unit is armed with HMG's but they can be upgraded to Grenade Launchers (not an option yet as I only have two) or Mortars. I'm operating on a reasonably justifiable 'counts-as' idea and am counting the team of two men and an actual Mortar as three Mortars and all the models fit the concept well enough to avoid confusion once a brief explanation has been put forth.

In blue are the 3rd Generation Plague Troopers which are divided into units of ten...I'm one model short but that shouldn't take much sourcing. There's a HMG model in each unit which will actually be a LMG for game purposes but as there's no HMG option for the squad this shouldn't create any issues. My two Grenade Launchers (in orange) are also an upgrade option but until I understand the system I won't know how viable that is.

That just leaves five dogs (light red) which is a minimum size unit. I only have two spare dogs which isn't enough for the next unit size up of ten so the remaining two dogs go in the left-overs pile with a couple of HMG guys.

This gives me the following options...

For those of you interested in giving this a go yourself the army list can be found here.

Heroes and Monsters.
1st Gen Plague Mutant (75 points) x2
Plague Teraton (90 points)

Infantry.
3rd Gen Plague Troopers Section (10 men) (120 Points) x3
Light Machine Gun x3 or Grenade Launcher x2 (15 and 30 points each respectively)

Heavy Weapon Troopers with HMG's (75 Points)
Heavy Weapon Troopers with Mortars (105 Points) x2
2nd Gen Mutants (3 Man Unit) (105 Points)
Plague Swarm (3 Bases) (90 Points)
Plague Dogs (5 Dogs) (60 Points)

That gives me a potential points pool of 1215.

I'm missing several of the options available in the army list as the Plague Striders and Plague Zombies have yet to be released and I'd have to convert the Troopers with Pistols to turn them into 'Warriors'. This isn't an option currently as I want them in their original configuration for use in Deadzone and I don't have any appropriately scaled pistols even if I wanted to do so.

I'm hoping to get the best part of this army painted over X-Mas which has the dual purpose of giving me a new game system to try out next year and a large pool of models for Deadzone campaign forces. Also as it's going to be painted in a very similar colour scheme to my Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection Dark Legion army I can try to get both done at the same time...

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome...especially if you actually know anything about Warpath, lol.

1 comment:

  1. Stupid Enforcer booster being delayed... Good thing I already have 2 5 man Assault squads...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails