Sunday 7 December 2014

Product Review - 'Cosy Dice' Bags

I've recently become the proud owner of a custom dice bag courtesy of Cosy Dice. I left the cover design to them and for some reason they decided that a girl in her underwear nicely summed up the blog...it was hard to argue with that, lol.


Though technically a dice bag I decided to test how well it worked for the transportation of card decks as I play a lot of Malifaux and that doesn't really use dice except occasionally as wound markers though my Mutant Chronicles Warzone Resurrection armies obviously do use dice as do most of my other preferred game systems...


Lets look at storage capacity then...

The first picture has fifty standard size D6's in it (Games Workshop/Chessex sort of sizes) and the second has thirty D20's in it and as you can see there's still plenty of space in there as less than a quarter of the available area has been utilised. Even Warhammer 40K Ork players should be able to carry sufficient quantities of dice, lol.


For my usual gaming purposes though I needed to see how the bag did with card cases so I figured that two Fate Decks, a Scheme Deck and a Arsenal Deck was a fairly common configuration and was happy to find that they fitted just fine and the bag still closed up. I also subsequently added a second Arsenal Deck and the bag still closed fine (I've left the bag slightly open in the 2nd Picture so you can see what's in it but it did close just fine).


The next bit of the review contains sewing related words so It'll be no surprise that I handed the bag to my girlfriend and asked her what she thought about it...not that there's anything wrong with a guy knowing about sewing...I just don't happen to be one of those guys...

The bag is extremely well stitched together, has good quality fabric, no seams showing and is really well put together. The lining is also soft so anything you put in the pouch is well protected. The toggle on the draw-string locks in order to keep the bag reliably closed.


'Cosy Dice' do a wide variety of designs and bag sizes as well as being able to do custom designs should you have something unusual in mind.

Their website can be found here.
Their Facebook page is located here.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails