Monday 24 November 2014

Kickstarters...

I know I said I wasn't going to pledge to any-more Kickstarters but these all appealed to me (though for different reasons). An RPG, a board game and a miniatures game (well two as there's also the inevitable Mantic Games one but we'll leave that one till last as if your a Mantic fan I'm guessing you backed this straight away anyway, lol) so it's a nice cross-section of hobby to be fair.


Hopefully I'll have some spare time when these arrive and they'll be spared the 'Limbo' fate of my Deadzone Wave 2, Toughest Girls of the Galaxy and Myth Kickstarters as they sit in my hobby room awaiting some care and attention, lol.

I'll do these in order of completion date...

Steampunk Rally.
First is this rather interesting Steampunk themed 'building' board game. The basic game concept has been done in similar ways before but with this one I think the Steampunk theme and graphic style elevate it above the others by a good margin.

It's Kickstarter page can be found here.


Paranoia RPG.
This is an RPG system that was around a while ago that is getting what I believe the cool kids call a 're-boot'. It's more on the fun side than the serious but I liked the overall 'Vibe' and theme and to be fair even if you don't play the RPG the books from various RPG systems usually make good reading (I have several RPG systems that I've never used but thoroughly enjoyed reading through.). The original had a lot of fans so at least I know there's a player base for this.

The Kickstarter page can be found here.


Fallen Frontiers - Reboot.
I know nothing about the original version of this game but I was attracted to this purely by the quality of the miniatures. I've heard a few people be reticent about this one due to the cost but to be honest it's not really any more expensive than other companies equivalent quality miniatures and you're getting a game system as well. They've also recently added the ability to customise the configuration of your starter box so you can pick the races you like which (to be honest) is what convinced me to pledge.

The Kickstarter page can be found here.


There's also a certain miniature in one of the above systems ranges that may be sidestepped into one of my Malifaux crews as a female proxy for another model...Namely as a Von Schill replacement...


Go give them a look as these sort of projects are the kind of things that Kickstarter was made for.

There's the Mantic Games Kings of War 'version 2' one as well but I'm only pledged to this one for the book and a couple of models as I'll buy any armies I require through my FLGS Titan Games as I think we as hobbyists should support our hobby stores as much as we can as they (along with our gaming clubs) are the heart of our hobby (in my opinion at least).

The Kings of War Kickstarter page can be found here.


There are also links to these Kickstarter projects in the blog sidebar and these also show you the relative progress of them. These are all funded so there's no risk in that area at least.....

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails