Tuesday 12 October 2010

Skaven Progress.

So I've been using a list based around some suggestions of Steleks on YTTH for using the Skaven from the Island of Blood box.

The suggestion was to use the 'Spearmen' from that box as minimum sized Stormvermin units in order to utilise as many Weapon Teams from that box as possible. Trading the High Elf 'half' of 2 boxes for the Skaven 'half' of 2 boxes has got me 4 'Island of Blood's' worth of Skaven which in turn has meant I now have 8 weapon teams.

Of course I then made the mistake of looking at somebodies Stormvermin and instantly deciding that I wanted to use the proper models.

I'm now £120 worse off but am infinitely more happy regardless ;-)

This also means I now have 2 units of 40 Clanrats armed with Spears and Shields to utilise as they're no longer needed to pretend they're Stormvermin and I also have the option of fielding 2 units of 40 Stormvermin should the desire ever occur.

Which leads me neatly to a picture of the 'progress' I mentioned...

Once every-things assembled I'll take some pictures of the whole army in all it's unbased non under-coated glory, lol.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, progress , thats going to be alot of modulz on the table.

    Found this and thought of you.

    http://anorakorama.com/Anorak%20210000%20Joe%20Pineapples.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I love those Stormvermin models. So worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking models. I've always been tempted to try fantasy, looking at this is making it hard to resist the call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Sorrowshard - That models awesome. I may have to make one myself.

    @ Chumbalaya - The models are really nice but I do think that £30 is a bit pricy.

    @ tk505 - Everybody just presumed that if I ever got a Fantasy army it would be Chaos Daemons or Warriors of Chaos but there was just something about the Skaven background that appealed to me. I suck at Fantasy quite badly but fortunately so do the people I play against (they're all 40K players normally) so we just have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ever thought about buying your models from a reseller? someone like darksphere.co.uk. No minimum order quantity, 25% off on the web, makes those Stormvermin £22.50 a box. not a bad saving!

    I've got a skaven Mordheim warband that I used to play with so I'm with you on the background, strangely attached to those lil critters.

    Will probably start dabbling in the new year, most likely with warmachine-heavy dwarfs lead by Bugman (YTTH as reference ;)) just need to find some newbie players to play with!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails