Monday 2 February 2015

Terminator Genisys - The Miniatures Game

Well this one kinda caught me by surprise...


Alessio Cavatore has announced that he is going to be developing a miniatures game based around the upcoming Terminator Genisys film. Surprisingly it isn't going to be a Kickstarter.

Here's the film preview trailer in case you've no idea what I'm talking about...


and now onto the game...

Details are in somewhat short supply at the moment as you can imagine (what with film licences being involved) but the current plan seems to be to have the game ready at roughly the same time as the film release which is July the 3rd in the UK I believe. That does seem rather optimistic but I'm unsure of how long they've been working on this 'behind the scenes' so perhaps not.

We've seen some model previews already though I must add that these are still in the development stages. Distribution is going to be handled by Warlord Games and the model sculpts are being done by Michael Perry of Perry Miniatures.

I show you the pictures we've got so far next and after that I'll post the 'Google Hangout' video interview with Alessio where he talks about the project...amongst other things...There's also a link to the Facebook group at the very bottom which seems to be the best source for news currently (It's where I stole most of these pictures from).

As I mentioned earlier these are at the early stages so you may have to extrapolate a little, lol.



Of course we'll need some terminators as well. I believe these are 3-ups sculpted by Bob Naismith but I'm not 100% sure about that.



The video I mentioned...you'll have to forgive the guys doing the interview as they're big fans of both Alessio and the genre and get a bit excited at several points, lol.


...and the Facebook Group can be found here.

It's going to be interesting to see what (if any) issues they have with this project considering the trouble Prodos Games have had with their Aliens Vs. Predator Kickstarter...

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. OMFG !! O_O

    If it happens, it would be very very great !! Because of the famous staff working on it (Cavatore, Perry...) But as you mentioned it, I would very circumspect due to the movie licence troubles :

    I'm a backer of AVP, fed up with Prodos jokes like most of us... I would like to see this project... But at this moment I 'll keep wainting and see.

    Other hand, I visited several times your blog and I really like it : I registered and put it on my personnal blogroll in my Temple :

    http://letempledemorikun.blogspot.com/

    Please, feel free to visit as you want ^^

    Thank you very much,

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails