Tuesday 29 April 2014

Crew a Week Project - McMournings 'Body of Evidence' - Part 1

Last weeks challenge was a Nicodem crew and some extra bits and pieces and was completed on time...the finished product can be found here.

This week (and possibly next...details to follow...) will be McMournings turn. I would also like to put somewhat of a dent in my backlog of other Resurrectionist models and as luck would have it many of them fit neatly under McMournings overall theme. My original McMourning crew was based on Wyrd's 'Morgue' bases as it seemed appropriate even though I put my Flesh Construct on the wrong base size and just never bothered to change it. As many of the models I wish to include in this challenge are already based using my cobblestone style bases (The tutorial for which can be found here) I decided to re-base my original crew rather than everything else for three reasons. Firstly it was less work, secondly I would have had to order about five sets of Morgue bases to do it and thirdly...I'm not a big fan of the Morgue bases...sorry Wyrd...I like all the other ones though...just not those...

So this is what I've got to start off with...

Firstly the 'Original crew' will need re-basing.


The Flesh Construct has already had this done as I did it as part of the un-boxing for the new plastic version but with the generous donation of the Alternate Flesh Construct courtesy of Martin at Titan Games I now have four versions of the aforementioned Flesh Construct to work on...at least one of them is painted...


Of course I mustn't forget the actual core crew of the challenge.


I also have the limited edition 'Miss' version of the Nurse as well as another none Wyrd nurse model I liked the look of that I was going to use instead of one of the original metal ones. Both of these need re-basing on cobblestones...and have had very little work done on them at all...


In the area of other Resurrectionist models that have been patiently waiting some care and attention are the following model sets...



...as well as a couple of Hanged and their pal Jack Daw. Though Jack Daw is now a 'Master' in his own right I doubt we'll be seeing that crew in plastic any time soon so I may sneak him into the painting crew as a Hanged.


There's also these models to consider as well.


The mathematically minded amongst you will have worked out that comes to...

6 models to re-base,
4 models to assemble and then paint from scratch,
13 models that are currently under-coated only
and 9 models that are assembled but have no paint on them whatsoever...

Which is why I may need to spread this challenge over two weeks, lol.

So far I've managed to do the re-basing part of the process...



The Guild Autopsies, and Alternate McMourning are also assembled and based...



What do you mean "Is that all?" It's only bloody Tuesday...

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails