Saturday 12 April 2014

Salute 2014 - with Prodos Games

Well I got up at 4:30 in the morning so as to give myself plenty of time to get ready before the two and a half (ish) hour drive to Salute 2104 in London.


Thanks to satellite navigation technology we managed to get there without any wrong turnings...the journey back was a different matter though...but I digress...

After 'helping' with the setting up...by which I mean 'stealing things from the cabinet to photograph at virtually the same rate they were putting them in' I helped* set up the demo table and briefly posed in my newly acquired Prodos Games shirt...it was at that point that I realised that I looked like I'd only had about three hours sleep...obviously this was nothing to do with the fact that I'd only had about three hours sleep...

*proper helping this time not my fake helping from earlier...


The demo table was very nice indeed...


One of the advantages to helping out on the stand is that you can stroll behind it and take stuff out of the cabinets in order to photograph it without that shiny blur that usually accompanies such event pictures. Admittedly some of mine were still taken that way but in my defence it was a really busy day, lol. In fact there were people hanging around the AvP cabinet before the doors were even open...


But what you really want is some model pictures, right?

Go on then...

Mishima - Kunshu Dragonriders.




Dark Legion - Valpurgis.




Imperial - Hurricane Walker.




These might be of interest as well...


Unfortunately most of the AVP pictures I took were of the 'through the glass cabinet' variety...however I may be able to get my hands on them for some better close-up shots in the near future. These are still at the 'prototype' stage though and could still change...







All in all it was a great day.

I must have done not far off twenty demo's over the day (some were two at a time admittedly) and the other two guys demoing on the two smaller tables (which I didn't photograph...sorry) were also similarly busy all day. Other than the couple of what I affectionately refer to as 'babysitter demos'* the three of us were happily watching people stroll from the demo tables over to the Prodos Games stand and subsequently wondering off with armfuls of new purchases and hopefully between us we've bought a few new people into the hobby and taught a few others how to use their new purchases.

* A 'babysitter demo' is when a parent (usually a dad) strolls over, insists that his children desperately want a demo of whatever game system your showing off and then wanders off on his own to have a relaxing stroll around unencumbered by the kids while you're stuck with them.....As a parent myself I completely understand, lol.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome...

6 comments:

  1. Squeee! ALIENS LOOK AWESOME!!! definitely want some of those in the future, even if not for the game they're designed for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're excellent looking miniatures and the detail on them is incredible. I'm afraid my pictures do them no justice at all. I'm hoping to get a chance to take some better pictures of them in the near future though.

      Delete
  2. Yeah aliens want bad me

    Might have been struck insensible by the awesomeness of those sculpts gonna run round making hissing alien noise for the next hour or so

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome.

      I'm trying to arrange a meet up so I can get close-up pictures of all the prototype sculpts. You could hardly get near the cabinet all day at Salute...

      Delete
  3. Awesome stuff, can't wait to see some of this at Gothcon. Thanks for sharing G mort

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails