Sunday 1 April 2018

Chillcon 2018 - Event Overview

Yesterday I went to a Wargaming event in Sheffield called Chillcon making it the second year running I've attended so they obviously did something right the first time around...

A Brief Overview
The event was spread across two rooms with the first being mainly filled with demo tables and participation events and the second was where the majority of the people who were trying to sell you things were hanging about. Unlike an event I went to not too long ago that shall remain nameless there was plenty of room to manoeuvre between tables and stalls. There were plenty of parking spaces outside the venue and entry was handled very professionally though a separate line for people already with tickets purchased might be an idea for next time but to be honest I'm probably only saying that because I had a ticket. The gift bag on entry contained a couple of models (one from Asylum Miniatures and another for the Gangs of Rome game) and a useful one of those 'L' shaped measuring thingies that probably have an actual name if I took the time to check.

There was a stall selling crisps and drinks and the like as well as a food stall doing hot burgers of various kinds...oh...and a gentlemen selling alcohol of various types. Prices were reasonable by event standards so no complaints there.

Some helpful person took some actually good pictures of the rooms and a selection of traders which was helpful as mine were terrible so most of these are shamelessly stolen from their Facebook page...

Obviously demonstrations and participation are a big part of these events so there were a great deal of tables where such things were going on...her pictured in no particular order...

My personal haul mainly consisted of the following...
 The dice bag was courtesy of Cosy Dice...

I'll do a more detailed review of my Gangs of Rome demo and other event highlights (for me at least) during the week but I just wanted to get this basic overview out there while it was fresh in my head.

Thoughts and comments are (as usual) most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails